Thursday 8 November 2012

Only bad things happen quickly.

Good things take time; time and process is not the enemy. Virtually all the happiness-producing processes in our lives take time, usually a long time: learning new things, changing old behaviours, building satisfying relationships, raising children. This is why patience and determination are among life’s primary virtues. The best things in life do not happen overnight. They don’t. I have definitely learned recently through my own experiences that “easy come, easy go.” You are very right!!! All the really good things don’t just happen magically in a second.
They come to us more gradually, in beautiful fits and starts, don’t they? Now, I just need to remember this, it’s like arriving into varsity thinking that you’ll graduate and get a proper job that satisfies you and drive your dream car, but it doesn’t happen like that you hustle and hustle and hustle in order to get there. We always dream of having a loving family (loving husband and kids) of which relationships are not easy to manage they are another subjects to learn to.
Good things do take slow. They need to marinate. To breathe like you said, to grow. As I type this I am looking around at all the good things around me that didn’t take overnight to grow. The material things and the career I’m persuading. Some of our desires seem to take much longer than others. They operate on their own timetable. I like to think it is often a test of the Universe to see how much we really want them.




No comments:

Post a Comment